December 1, 2016

Jimmy Santiago

After reading Jimmy Santiago's Immigrants in our own land I thought that it was a very descriptive insight on how life is for someone that is facing life behind bars. I like how he is giving us some idea of how an overlooked group of people feel. To me this is the best kind of writing, the kind that exposes life through other peoples eyes. I like how I can't relate to what is said in the poem but I can feel everything he says life as if I was actually going through it. I'm having troubles coming up with what the over all theme is for this poem is. The tone is very serious tone that really makes you think as you read through the poem. The devices he uses play a huge role in the impact of this poem, I think that they create some powerful mental images that really give you a sense of what life is on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment